Saturday, November 8, 2008

Stoned.

  • 4 oz. tasters - Port Brewing, San Marcos, CA
  • 1 pint Stone Smoked Porter - Stone Brewing Brewpub, Escondido, CA
  • 1 pint Mad River Steelhead Double IPA - Stone Brewing Brewpub, Escondido, CA
  • 1 can Dale's Pale Ale - Christopher's, HB, CA
  • 1 bottle Sierra Nevada Pale Ale - Christopher's
Christopher and I took a field trip to southern Southern California for some breweries. Port Brewing was our first stop where we tasted some Hop 15, Shark Attack, and others. The tasting room was in the actual storage facility where they make the beer.

The next stop was Stone Brewing. It was amazing! The beer was delicious, the food was delicious (the best vegetarian shepherd's pie I've ever had) and the brewery itself was awesome, as you can see below:

Arrogant Bastard is probably their most well-known beer, but my favorite is the Double Chocolate Oatmeal Stout. Hmmm...I wonder why?


The bar.

The restaurant, with indoor/outdoor seating. (Note the heat lamps in the background.)

No comments: