- Zero drinks
After re-reading my earlier post, I realized I was more full of alcohol than I may have originally thought, so sorry about all the f-bombs there. Part 2:
So JeffF and I cabbed it back to West Seattle because sometime during the night I convinced him to go to the Yen Wor Village for karaoke. He agreed and I remember rambling and complaining pretty much the entire cab ride back. We get dumped off in front of Young Whore and enter and find that the place is pretty empty for a Saturday night. I managed to stumble through a few songs and I'm pretty sure that Leslie (I think that's her name - she has a beautiful voice btw) the host tolerates me, but is secretly filming me and if you do a search for drunken karaoke on YouTube, I'll be the first to come up. We stayed there until closing, but it someone's wise idea (mine) to go Jack in the Box for some food. The dining room is closed, so the only way to access the food is walking and ordering through drive thru. I've only done this a few times before, at other fast food places, in various states of disillusionment, but I've never been turned away. When we stepped up to the menu board, the drive-thru crew looked aghast that we were attempting said stunt. We were told that we couldn't walk through and I think I was telling them that I forgot my car at home and we were really hungry. Then JeffF goes on a rampage! "You mean to tell me that you'd rather me drive through here drunk than order like we are now!?" or something along those lines. About then a car pulled up behind us and we were still arguing with the menu board until Drive-Thru Crew ordered us up to the window, took our order, took the ATM card and promptly (and I do mean promptly - I think that's the fastest I've ever been helped there.) gave us our food - me with medium curly fries and Jeff with a Jumbo Jack. Satisfied, we walked home along California Avenue recalling the events of the day and the injustices of having your beer program notes confiscated, being reprimanded at drive-thru, being told to "get your ass up to the bar to order a drink (that's my favorite), the slow-bus to China, the off-key karaoke; but also thinking about the day's successes - just barely making the Scotch and ale keg tasting, two pints of Pilsner Urquell, the cab ride back to the Westside, pizza at the Seattle Center, many fine tasting beers, the music at the festival, getting into two bars without having any ID, enjoying Maker's and ginger ale, the jukebox at the Mecca, among others.
So about those stupid Washington State Liquor Laws: Why can't a parent bring in a kid if he/she obviously isn't going to drink? And those places that have a brass bar separating the bar from the restaurant? - what good is that? Silly, I say. Silly.

2 comments:
I think that's kickass that dogs can go to a beer festival! So what if they lick your legs-- next time wear pants! Anyway, I was thinking about the WA liquor laws, which I'm not familiar with as I live in CA, but you gave a good recap. Well I was thinking that they don't allow kids even though they won't be drinking, because of the whole impressionable thing-- you know, children are like sponges and all that-- and maybe it wouldn't be good for them to see all these adults having so much fun, and all due to something called alcohol...they might get the idea that happiness comes from a bottle,or a barrel or whatever. They can find that out soon enough; let the children enjoy their innocence. I say keep the beer festival closed to the kiddies but open to the dogs-- canines aren't affected and don't care if you drink yourself silly, in fact they'll even show you the way back to your house...and if you can't find those pesky house keys you can always crawl through the dog door...yes, I speak from experience haha!
Okay sojo, crazydoglady moniker doesn't fool me! You make some good pints, er points. :)
Post a Comment