Sunday, May 25, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

  • 2 pints IPA (nitro) - Ken's & Laurie's
  • 1 Jack Daniels rocks - Rock Bottom Brewery, Denver Airport
Today was my last day, so we took a leisurely drive around the Fort Collins area and up into the surrounding foothills. It's a beautiful area. While the area around Fort Collins is hilly, much of Colorado is flat, that is, until you get to the Rocky Mountains.

Ken and Laurie have three cats and two dogs, all more or less living together in a tolerable relationship - kind of like Ken, Michelle, and I....hahahahahaaha!

This is Showna and Bluema (my spelling is probably incorrect)

This is Chloe ("She's a bitch." says Ken.") I found her quite cuddly.


And I forget which one this is! But she was friendly.


And my favorite....Kazoo. I could never be in a sour mood around Kazoo. Her tongue always looks like this, her legs are half as short as a normal cat's legs, so her belly nearly drags the floor when she walks, and she has a round little rump. She is adorable.


This is me and Ken. He's a big Lebowski fan (pun intended), hence the shirt (which I bought him many years ago. Glad to see it doesn't have paint on it.)

And this is Laurie and Ken.


It was a great visit.

It has always bothered me that when I ask Ken what I thought was a simple yes or no question, he would never answer it that way. He gives me some roundabout answer that I never fully understand and I end up asking him other questions to fill in my blanks. He'd get frustrated because he thought that he did answer my questions, but I was still confused and I'd get angry and things would get bitter. This happened a few times during this trip, but then, in the middle of a conversation, I realized something. He's a lawyer. This is what he does. This is what he's good at. He doesn't do it on purpose; it's just the way he answers. And then I began to wonder, does he answer questions this way because he IS a lawyer, or did he become a lawyer because he answers questions this way? What I realized on this visit, however, is that it doesn't matter. What matters is that I now understand that, and so instead of getting frustrated and argumentative, I just smile and laugh and know that it's all good...whether I understand his answer or not. :)

No comments: