Thursday, May 1, 2008

~ ~ SUN! ~ ~

  • 3 pints Olympia - Ballard Loft
  • 1 pint PBR - Hattie's Hat
The Spring Break journal - they're really more like notes - was one of the the first journals that I ever kept. I'm not sure what provoked me to write about my trip, but I'm glad I did. Reading about my experiences and thoughts that I had back then is a bit embarrassing, a bit funny, and a bit sad. I thought it was funny that on the two or three occasions that I described girls, I wrote awesome girls, (underlined awesome). Like, they were so awesome that I even have to underline it to make that point! That I used the word "awesome" in the first place was even funnier. I still use the word awesome though. How dull is that?!

Although I don't journal regularly - stop>>Wait! But this is a journal. Well, I suppose so. I don't have the patience for handwriting, nor the strength to do it for long periods of time (I'm serious!), but I've always enjoyed typing. It was one of the skills I had in high school. 2 things: I used to type my friend Ted's typing homework for $2 lesson (waaaay undercharged him), and I represented my school in a typing championship. I didn't win. Anyway, maybe part of the reason I didn't journal regularly was because of the handwriting handicap. I think that I was just waiting for the technology to catch up. :) So, although I don't journal regularly, I've kept notes, journals, and writings for many trips and vacations. They're stashed in the basement and I've recently found them, along with a lot of other writing that I have. I even found a children's poem that I wrote in 1989; I'm thinking about framing it for the kid's room.

Christopher has kept journals his whole life. They are all handwritten and I know he has filled up dozens of journals. He first talked about them when I met him over 20 years ago and he still refers to them now on occasion. I can't imagine journaling that consistently, but I would love to have the opportunity to go back and read about my life.

I have a baby due in mid-August. Some friends have recommended that I keep a journal of my thoughts about the baby and the preparation and other things. "Hmmm....I think I'll call it 'Baby-Blog'...." j/k. This is something I would like to do, however I'm not sure how I'm going to go about it. Do I write in a book? (hate handwriting). Do I blog? (don't want to make those thoughts public. could make it a private blog tho'. I'm already overwhelmed with the blogs I have!) Do I type it in Word and save it on the computer? (probably what I'll end up doing, but I tend to write more (ugh) when I'm set free on the keyboard.)

And so with that; I'm out.

No comments: