Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reason #216.

  • 1 Beam on the rocks - home
  • 1 Beam neat - home
  • 1 Bushmill's and Bailey's (St. Brendan's)
Everytime I'm in in England, I keep a mental list of reasons to live there. Like reason #112 was that food that was truly vegetarian was labeled "Suitable for Vegetarians". Reason #84 was the quality of the beer. I just read an article the other day on how the government was worried about the British people because of the amount of alcohol they consumed. A typical restaurant wine glass held three times the amount considered as one serving. I say "Bang On!" and I'm listing that as reason #216.
On another note, Lent starts tomorrow. It's six weeks (not just 4 days, Brian) and seems a hell of a lot longer than that. Donna thought that maybe the reason I have been drinking so much(?) was that I was planning on giving it up for Lent. Well, contrary to popular belief, that is false. I am not planning on giving it up for Lent. In the past when I've given it up (which has been exactly two times for all alcohol and one time for beer (in which I ended up drinking more wine and hard alcohol, instead of beer)) I've been miserable, Susan has been miserable; even the cats have been miserable. Also, I will not be giving up chocolate. I actually have pretty good control over the amount of chocolate I eat, so it really wouldn't be worth giving up. And now that I've discovered that it's a reliable cough suppressant, there is no way that that is happening.
So now I'm out of things to say, and I'll stop.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So what are you giving up?

jeffery d. said...

i was hoping to be able to back up the whole chocolate-cough thing by now, but since i truly did eat the chocolate AND drink the codeine, i can't.
one, or a combination of both, worked.