Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Vancouver

  • 1 bomber Sapporo - a Japanese restaurant, Vancouver
I love Vancouver. When I first moved to Tacoma from El Lay in 1993, I drove to Vancouver a few weeks later and instantly fell in love with it. I wanted to move there, but after a friend told me, "Uh, you can't just move to Canada. They don't just 'let you in'." So that kind of blew that idea. It reminded me of Seattle, but had the size of L.A. Seattle seemed small to me (and it still does), but Vancouver was the perfect size, and I loved the density and the architecture - endless glass towers that blanketed the skyline. One rollerblading loop around Stanley Park convinced me that this would be a favorite destination during my years in Seattle. Vancouver, Seattle, and San Francisco are my three most beautiful cities in, well, North America. :)

And, as Susan calls Canada; they're our "friends in the attic." This cracks me up! Or, "the country with 20% off". I'm not too sure that this is accurate anymore, however.

One of my favorotist places to eat in Vancouver is Naam. Not only is it 100% vegetarian food, but it's open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week! In-fucking-credible! One year when Susan and I first started dating; Susan, her friend, and I drove left Tacoma on a whim one night about 10 pm just to eat at Naam. We were leaving Vancouver just as the sun was coming up - about 4 am - and rolled into T-Town a few hours later; tired, but full of delicious 24 hour vegetarian food.

This time we were in Vancouver for the Madonna concert. "Give it to me, yeah!"

No comments: