- 2 bottles Bud Light - home
Getting a baby to go to sleep can be an ordeal. It's only three weeks in and we already know this. I like to think of myself as "The Closer". The bedroom lights are dimmed, the tv is turned off, the cats are prodded out, and the shades are lowered. When Susan is done feeding London, he is handed off to me. He is newly diaper changed, given a short, oily massage with Burt's Bees apricot scented oil, swaddled (such a fun, satisfying word; kind of like 'bundled') tightly and then either rocked, held closely, or put directly into his bassinet if he is already nodding off. White noise is turned on near his sleeping quarters and he is gently rocked asleep. Sometimes I hum to him and other times I sing (he hasn't cringed yet). If all goes well, he falls soundly asleep. I am "The Closer".
1 comment:
Great job closing the deal, daddy!! :-)
Post a Comment