Friday, August 29, 2008

The Siren

  • 1 bottle Bud Light Lime - Siren Tavern (and Cocktails!)
  • 1 pint PBR - Siren Tavern
Today I had a few drinks at a place I'd never been before, but had always wanted to go...the Siren on 4th Avenue. It always looked a little sketchy from the outside, but Brian assured me it probably wasn't that bad. Plus, we were in desperate need of (a few) drinks. So, we stopped in, had a few drinks, had a few baskets of fried food, and marveled at the amount of dart boards, darts, and dart paraphernalia that occupied the space. The place was cool. In fact, the whole building where it exists is cool. I've always liked the Kwik E Mart next door for it's bars-on-the-windows. I'm not sure if the area is *really* that dangerous, but it certainly adds a bit of verisimilitude. The 50's neon sign is also an original.

Oh yeah, Bud Light Lime - it's lost it's allure for me. Ugh.

No comments: