- 0 drinks
...at 4 am this morning Susan wakes me up, "My water broke." I wasn't hungover, although I did want, and need, more sleep. After it registered that this is it, I packed the car and we were out the door about 5, (it was so beautiful with the sun just coming up over the Eastside.), checked into triage at 5:30 and admitted into the birthing suite (sweet!) about 7:00 am.
It's funny because at Vito's I was giving everyone shit about having to leave "early" because they had to get up to go to work. Little did I know....
Susan had a smooth labor and a fast delivery. As Susan would get contractions, I held one leg, the nurse held the other leg, and Susan pushed. And baby appeared. A boy! What a surprise! 8:06 pm:18 inches:7.52 pounds. I rush out to tell Susan's parents who come in to visit. About an hour later when I go out again, Donna, Danielle & Jeff, Lisa, Constance, and Brian were all excitedly waiting to see baby. It was overwhelming and terribly flattering. Over the next few days we changed the name and configuration of it several times and finally settled on: London Wesley Stewart Lamb Barker.
Susan had a smooth labor and a fast delivery. As Susan would get contractions, I held one leg, the nurse held the other leg, and Susan pushed. And baby appeared. A boy! What a surprise! 8:06 pm:18 inches:7.52 pounds. I rush out to tell Susan's parents who come in to visit. About an hour later when I go out again, Donna, Danielle & Jeff, Lisa, Constance, and Brian were all excitedly waiting to see baby. It was overwhelming and terribly flattering. Over the next few days we changed the name and configuration of it several times and finally settled on: London Wesley Stewart Lamb Barker.

No comments:
Post a Comment