Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Craps

  • 2 pints bud light - Snoqualmie Casino
  • 1 bloody mary - Snoqualmie Casino
  • 1 liter Bitburger Pils - Prost!
  • 1 Jack Daniels rocks - Corner Pocket
  • 1 Jack Daniels rocks - Talarico's
  • 1 PBR tallboy - Talarico's
  • 1 pint Bud Light - Talarico's
The first time I played Craps was on our honeymoon cruise boat in the Caribbean. The table leader led me through it slowly so that I could get the hang of it and it was so nice to ease into such a seemingly confusing game with no threat of being overwhelmed. I loved the game right away and I never went back to playing black jack. So what do I like about Craps? The layout and design of the table, the stacks of hundreds of chips, the slot where the bills go when a player joins, the 3 or 4 people that staff the table, the racks that the players have to keep their chips, the lower shelf to keep drinks, that everyone has a chance to roll the dice, the so-many different options of betting, the way the chips are organized and stacked according to the player's position, the opportunity to watch the dice fly in the air, hit the back wall, and roll onto the felted playing field, the excitement that it generates, the amount of money that can be layed on various bets, the opportunity to go against the table, the one roll bets, the tingly rush right before the last die tips into place....

beautiful.

addicting.

endless.

dangerous.

No comments: