Thursday, April 10, 2008

Karaoke Suicide?

  • 1 pint Sierra Nevada ale - Talarico's Pizza
  • 4 bottles Rainier - Admiral Pub
  • 1 shot Hussong's Reposado - Admiral Pub
  • 1 bottle Lite beer (from Miller) - Yen Wor Village
  • Otherside - RHCP - YWV
  • Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi - YWV
  • Lovin', Touchin', Squeezin' - Journey - YWV
  • In My Life - Beatles - YWV

The Karaoke host announced, "Jon, Karaoke suicide" as I finished the song Wanted Dead or Alive. I'm not sure what this meant, but at the time I thought it couldn't be good - like, I just committed suicide by singing the song. Friends however said that they thought it was when a person suggests a song for a friend and that friend doesn't know what it will be. Either way, it probably wasn't one of my better performances. I had heard it sung before and thought, as I was drunkingly yelling and spitting out the lyrics, "That's an easy song to sing! I could do that!" Well, I couldn't, and now my voice lies dormant and humbled.

No comments: