- 0 bottles, glasses, shots, hits, milliliters of anything!
The following was written on Monday night and that will be the format henceforth. Consumption will be listed for the day the blog is posted; comments will be "live" on the day they are typed (that means one day later to you my brother.)
It was probably because my body was saturated with alcohol and I just didn't feel like having any more. I didn't succumb to the luscious bottles of silky red bloody mary mix either. Of course, right now I'm on my 3rd Ebenezer Ale, which will be listed AND posted on tomorrow's blog. I'm in a fairly happy mood right now. It feels good to write, which I've always wanted to do in one way or another. I have no patience for the act of writing, however, and enjoy typing much more...it's gets the thoughts out quicker. There was something that, oh yeah, now I remember: So I've been driving around the past few days and it seems like EVERYONE is running, or walking, or exercising. I'm like, (to myself), what the hell? Maybe there is something to this New Year's resolution thing?! People are actually out RUNNING in this barren, cold-ass weather! I've always thought of the NYR thing as not serious. I mean, ya think about it, but do ya really do it? Apparently yes. And, it's really pissing me off! These runners seem to be mocking me, so smug in their high-stepping, light-as-a-feather running shoes. They're prancing actually. They really are. Look at them the next time you pass them by. And, the thing is, I have the shit to compete. I mean, I've got the shoes, the warm running bottoms, the long-sleeve fleece with overthethumbbutstickoutyourhand sleeves, AND, the wool running cap, so famously worn by Brian for five seconds at Long Beach but infamously immortalized by having his picture taken in it and blown up to poster-sized proportions and exhibited in Jeff's kitchen wall. Anyway, the quarter-sized iPod, the watch, etc. etc. etc. What I DON'T have right now is: MOTIVATION. I just don't feel like running. Yet, it makes me feel so good when I do. I know I'll take it up again...I'm just not sure when.
I watched Shaun of the Dead last night (Sunday). Very f'in funny! But I love Brit comedy, for the most part. It was by the same people who did Hot Fuzz, which was also very funny. I've recently delighted in rating movies on Netflix. Who knew what happiness procrastination could bring?! I've rated over 500 movies, and about 300 of them I did in a period of 30 minutes as I was trying to put off going up to school over Christmas Break. And it worked! My movies got rated...I received numerous recommendations, AND, I didn't get up to school until many hours later. The fruits of my frenetic film rating have paid off well as I'm getting numerous suggestions on how I should spend my time; wasting my time. It's a wonderful thing really.
Speaking of films, tomorrow is the SUCK FILM FESTIVAL and I'm looking forward to it! I wish it were on a Friday, however, as they are serving up the most tastiest winter drink of all (other than winter ales, scotch, wine, and whiskey), the White Russian, which is really a drink in contrast: vodka (clear and clean) mixed with Kahlua (dirty and coffee-beany) mixed with cream (like angel milk). It is surely a delicious and potent drink. Why my friend from LA gasped when I ordered one in her presence last year! "A White Russian!? I haven't had one of those in I don't know how many years!" She was drinking a martini.
So, maybe I'll see you at the Rendezvous tomorrow.

No comments:
Post a Comment