Tuesday, January 1, 2008

1.1.08 at home

  • 3 or 4 bottles (can't remember exactly) Milller High Life - home
  • 3 Bloody Marys - home
  • 3 glasses Costco champagne - home
  • 2 glasses Dona Paula 2006 Malbec - home
  • 1 shot Patron - home
Susan and I had a New Year's Day get-together, which was really fun. I cooked and served black-eyed peas, corn bread, and mustard & collard greens; all home made. It was pretty good tasting food and I think I'd like for this to become a tradition; as it was the second year I've done this. I'd heard that b.e.p. are eaten in the south on NYD for good luck, and I do really have an affinity for southern food, even though I probably can only eat a small percentage of it because I don't eat meat. Most of it contains bacon grease, or hamhocks or chitlin's or something along those lines, but what I can eat (grits, etc.) I really do enjoy. Southern livin' baby!

No comments: