Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sunday Skiing



  • 1 airplane bottle Chivas
  • 1 airplane bottle Rum
  • Jim Beam from flask
  • few sips of Jose Cuervo
  • airplane bottle of Jack Daniels single barrel
  • 2 glasses of wine
  • 1 glass of Paulanger
  • 3 or 4 bottles of Rolling Rock
  • random assembly of other drinks throughout the day
I'm not an experienced cross-country skier - this was only my second time ever in seven years or so - but I was still better than the guy in front of me who was much like a large bear searching for food in the snow. He had fallen and was crawling around in the snow and had decided that the best time for him to merge into my fate was right as I was descending a hill and making a turn. He had semi-cautiously stepped onto the trail without looking behind him when I realized what he was attempting. I blurted the words "Behind you!" as I was quickly closing in on him and, instead of slowly turning around to check out the voice (like most people would), he miraculously realized what was about to happen and began to step off the trail immediately. I still managed to slide over his right ski, but I continued upright and I'm sure he was quite proud of himself for realizing what "Behind you!" meant.
The pictures above are some of the sights on the trail. The snow fell most of the day, and even though the sky was gray, it was a beautiful time. Small bottles of alcohol are nice to have when in the snow.

No comments: