- 1 bottle Bridgeport Ebenezer Ale - home
Walking home from work today it was so calm and clear, unlike the walk TO work this morning when it was biting cold with wind, I decided it was time to put on the running shoes and head out, even if I could do only 15 minutes or so. It was a nice run and lasted 30 minutes which was great.
I learned today that the owner of the drive-thru espresso stand was the woman killed in the car crash on I-5 the other day. She wasn't wearing a seatbelt, hit the divider or something and flew through the window. My partner teacher had just seen her on Friday when she got some coffee that morning. She was 36. Sometimes I hear these stories and also those of people who are in their 50's, dying of cancer or going through operations and stuff like that and I don't want to have to go through that. I realize that I might not have much of a choice, but in some ways I do. God gave me this one life and I have to be careful how I use it, and my body. Am I abusing myself when I drink or eat a lot? I don't know and I'm not sure if I want to know. After coming back from Africa I realized that they had such a love of life and were lucky to get food, etc. and here I was not taking care of myself by eating/drinking too much, not exercising, not helping others, etc. I am fortunate enough to have my life and I want to abuse it? Turning 40 I thought was really cool and I still feel young, but it is frightening to hear about people dying in their 40's and 50's. It seems so close. It is close. My mom died at 54. Anyway, don't mean to be morbid, but I think thoughts like these keep me going, or at least motivate me when I don't feel motivated.

No comments:
Post a Comment