Friday, January 11, 2008

Silver Gelatin

  • 6 pints Bud Light - Admiral Pub
  • 1 White Russian - Mike's Chili Parlor
So tonight Susan and I went to the Essential Baking Company to check out a photo exhibit by Pat's sister Cara. The photos were about Poloroid size, done in gelatin print, which is really cool looking. The pictures were taken in La Jolla, which is outside of San Diego, and some taken around Palm Springs. They had a very 50's-60's look to them even though they were just taken a year or two ago. They were done that way on purpose and apparently she got the effect by a lot of work in the darkroom. I was starving by the time we got to the bakery because I hadn't eaten since noon and it was already about 7 or 7:30. Luckily there were hors d'oeuvres and such because the beer I had drunk earlier was really taking effect. I wolfed down about 3 or 4 cheese sandwiches with multiple carrot sticks and broccoli florets. About 8:30 we left and met up with Gretchen and Mitch at Mike's Chili Parlor and hung out for a bit and Penelope even stopped by on her way home from Fred Meyer, so that was a nice surprise. Susan drove home and I fell asleep in the car (just like when I was a kid) and crashed when we got home, about 10 pm I think.

No comments: